martes, 7 de diciembre de 2010

All was nice in Beijing next day

The plane finally left next day for Beijing. The guy I mentioned from Hong Kong was staying in a hotel in Beijing and boarded a van going there, I joined. When we arrived to the hotel the guy understood I did not have any place to go and started to get less nice. I went to the hotel entrance and picked up a taxi to a foreign languages institute I had got a brochure of it before leaving Spain. All the time was raining, actually heaven was pouring water, and it was an all around dark evening. I got into the taxi and we travelled for well more than an hour, I could not see anything through the windows just I noticed we had left the city. I was getting a bit scared, would not know how to ask or what I could do. Then we arrived to that institute or university, it was full of water all around, I left the taxi and got in the school entering into the water, heading towards a possible reception desk there where to ask for some lodging. It was November, about 9:30 pm. No need to go that far. I saw some Russian guys around and briefly told them my situation. They said: just come over with us, a colleague of us usually sleeps with his parents at the Embassy and you can take his place (the Russian Embassy in Beijing is a whole city, by the way). Fine. I slept there, when I got up next day they were all gone. I could not even thank them. I went down the stairs to the campus and heard a voice talking in Spanish, it was a catalan girl studying there. She suggested to me that I could go to another such language university in a more central area where I could rent a room. I picked up a taxi and did as she told me. All was nice in Beijing that day...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario